Champions for Excellent Care
We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Pets are their passion, and keeping them healthy is our number-one priority. We strive to deliver excellent care for pets—because pets deserve nothing less.
AAHA is the only organization that accredits veterinary practices in the United States and Canada. Practices that accept the challenge of accreditation are evaluated on stringent quality standards that encompass all aspects of veterinary medicine—from pain management and patient care to team training and medical record keeping—and are continuously updated to keep accredited practice teams at the forefront of the profession.
Today, approximately 12%–15% of veterinary practices in the US and Canada hold the “AAHA-accredited” designation.
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is leading the movement to make veterinary care less stressful for cats and their caregivers. Established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM), the Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing the stress for the cat, caregiver, and also the entire veterinary team.
You can expect your Cat Friendly Practice® to:
- Understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats.
- Have a feline-friendly environment and make veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner.
- Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
- Meet specific standards for the facility and care of hospitalized cats.
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is designed to:
- Help reduce stress associated with veterinary visits.
- Improve the quality of care provided.
- Support the veterinary team so that the entire staff is educated and knowledgeable about your cats’ distinct needs and behaviors.